These product reviews are my opinions on various blogging products that I have paid for with my own money and tried. These are not sponsored products.
I tried to blog for free, but that only works in the very beginning.
Eventually you will need some quality education and, in this case for sure, you get what you pay for. I took the cheap email marketing course and then had to pay for the higher priced one to actually get results. That first course was a total waste of money and set me back in getting subscribers.
Most of the following links go to blog posts, but there are a few direct-to-product sales page links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Full disclosure is here.
Odd Noodle (formerly Billionaire Blog Club) – This is a suite of blogging education products. The website has evolved a lot since the BBC days. Now you have vast resources for whatever stage your blog is at.
To introduce you to Scrivs (Paul Scrivens), check out this introduction and sign up to get your 2020 Guide to starting your blog the right way. (Blog post + FREE PDF Guide)
If you want to know what it really takes to be successful at blogging, check out the Master Workshop. (FREE)
If you want to create your own digital products to sell online, do it right the first time by following The Offer Map. You will get a ton of bonus content as well. ($37)
Love Your List 2.0 from Kate Doster. Bloggers need a decent email marketing course to build a thriving business.
Your priority should always be to create your own products (so you have 100% control over them) and
Be able to market your products to an email list of people who actually want to buy from you (because your list is targeted to your niche).
My review post is coming soon. Love Your List opens at different times throughout the year, so get on my list to stay updated on your next opportunity.
MailerLite is the email service provider that I use.
- It is free for your first 1,000 subscribers, then only $10 a month for the next 1K.
- Each subscriber can sign up for multiple freebies on your site and still only count as one person.
- MailerLite has all the bells and whistles of products like ConvertKit but without the price tag. Create opt-in boxes, set up email sequences, and get all your analytics via Google Analtyics.
This gives new bloggers a way to start email marketing before they have steady income.
My favorite SEO course is called Adventures In SEO 2.0 from Lena Gott. I like the way Lena explains things and her overall reasoning for doing things a specific way. There is no point in comparing this course to other SEO courses, as that is like comparing apples to oranges.
The doors are closed right now, so sign up for my email list to find out when the next opening is. Read my review post and then go sign up for some free stuff while you wait.
Pinteresting Strategies is my favorite Pinterest course. You will learn how to set up your Pinterest for Business account, but the gold here is how Carly uses Pinterest guidelines and analytics to make decisions on how to pin. As Pinterest changes, Carly keeps us up-to-date on how to use the changes to our advantage.
Carly is updating this course right now, and I will do a new review when the update is finished.
Social Media Scheduling
Social Warfare – A social share plugin for WordPress that will save you a ton of time when scheduling to social media. Use this tool to create meta data that will automatically populate on your chosen social media platforms. Also lets you create a “popular posts” section for your home page, that updates automatically.
Who doesn’t want to save time?
Create Content Quickly – This course helps me create 2000 words in a couple of hours. If you want to create a new content calendar and set yourself up to create steady content for your readers without using every single minute of your day, try this course.
JAAXY – This is a high quality keyword tool that will not only help you rank higher, but you can find trends with Jaaxy, spy on the competition, check out obscure niches, check your blog post rank on Google, Bing and Yahoo. And you get 30 FREE searches to check it out! win-win.
Blogging Product Bundles
What are bundles? The bundles are full of ebooks, ecourses, membership deals, and other useful resources for bloggers. Bundles are a great way to get multiple products for one topic, like SEO. Build your own library of information.
UB has bundles for: bloggers, photographers, travel, productivity, herbs & essential oils, master your money, work from home, and healthy meal planning. New bundles come out every year.
My favorite product from UB is the Genius Bloggers Toolkit which is tons of helpful products for all types of bloggers. Get ebooks/ecourses on Pinterest, podcasting, organizing, record keeping & taxes, affiliate marketing, email marketing, content creation, monetization and much more.
The GBTK is only available for a few days in October during launch and in spring of the following year for a flash sale. Sign up for my newsletter to be updated on bundles.
“The Stack” aka BC Stack
(BC = Blogging Concentrated) has one bundle per year, and also has an affiliate program and you can sign up for it here.
BC Stack offers their bundle in summer each year. This bundle is quite different from GBTK in that there more live and video components, such as being able to attend a virtual blogging retreat.
The Free Plugins I Use
- Akismet Anti-Spam – You just gotta have an anti spam plugin.
- Elementor Page Builder – I have Pro, but I started off with the free version. Use it to build custom pages on your site, like sales pages.
- GA Google Analytics – Connect this to your analytics account to have real-time and up-to-date info
- GDPR Cookie Consent – Just to be safe, have a plugin for consent.
- Insert Headers and Footers – If you need to add custom code to your header, use this free plugin.
- Kraken Image Optimizer – Optimize your images to speed up loading times for your website.
- Nofollow for external link – It does the nofollow work for you if you are using affiliate links.
- Official MailerLite Sign Up Forms – Use this to easily add opt-in boxes to any post or page on your site.
- Redirection – If you update a post and have to change the slug, use this plugin to create the redirect.
- Simple CSS – Another handy tool for adding custom coding to areas of your website
- UpdraftPlus – I do a weekly backup and then use the next plugin, WP – Sweep.
- WP- Sweep – I use this to get rid of bits of data like deleted posts, spam comments, and other odd items.
- Yoast SEO – This helps new(er) bloggers to learn how to structure posts properly for SEO.
To Help You Research…
- Get Paid To Write Reviews – As long as you are purchasing products for your blog, why not earn affiliate income too?
- Try Before You Buy – A guide
- How to Choose an Affiliate Marketing Program – There are a lot of choices, so go for it!
- Get Started with Clickbank! – The worlds leading promoter of digital download products.
As someone who was able to avoid being scammed out of money before it was too late, I feel qualified to help you see how scammers work.
This information can be applied to many situations, as the scammer mindset is the same everywhere…to part you from your hard earned money. Please share these posts with others who may need this information. Thank you!
- Internet Dating Scams – How to identify romance scammers online (identifying them was a hobby for a while lol)
- How To Avoid Online Marketing Scams – Scams are everywhere! Updated April 2020
- Real Estate Scams – For renters, buyers or sellers.
- Get Rich Quick Scams – Watch out for these!
Programs with Questionable Value
I listed these here so that you can read the review and know for future reference how to spot questionable programs.
- AWOL Academy review post – The first of the truly over-priced programs that I reviewed.
- Six Figure Mentors review– And I thought AWOL was expensive…